About the Job:
At GM’s CX Design Group, we follow a simple but vital premise: The user is center to everything we do. We believe that all of our products should be beautiful and accessible.
GM Customer Experience (CX) team is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Experience Designers, Strategists, Program Managers, Product Development, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The CX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the behaviors and perceptions of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for GM’s businesses.
- Champion strategic and creative excellence via extraordinary game-changing ideas breaking moulds, and inspiring clients/teams to win and deliver iconic work.
- Un-think and rethink to help reimagine what interaction is or could be.
- An exceptional digital creative visualiser.
- Total understanding of responsive UI design for multiple devices, surfaces, screens and spaces.
- An expert practitioner of Figma as well as photoshop. A solid practitioner of the adobe suite and other visual creation platforms
- A curiosity toward the evolution of interfaces and what the future of UI is. (VR, AR, Metaverse, content)
- Well-versed in how the world of interaction is developing.
- Be kind, fun to work with, inclusive, open-minded and respectful
- An inclusive, self-motivated team player who looks to push boundaries.
- A contemporary approach to Digital and UI Design with a hunger to learn.
- A can-do attitude and a great role model for juniors.
- Instil confidence in the wider team through competence and reliability.
- Preferred Bachelor's degree in Design (e.g., interaction, graphic, visual communications, product, industrial, etc.) or equivalent practical experience.
- 6-10 years of experience as an experience designer years of progressive, technically sophisticated design experience in architectural, experiential or brand design and a demonstrated ability to apply these skills in ways that elevate brand excellence
- Experience designing user interfaces for in retail or museum experiential environments.
- Experience with a creative portfolio showing application of design.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.