General Motors Israel (Herzliya) takes a significant part in shaping the autonomous vehicle. We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies. Within GM Israel, over 600 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days
UltraCruise is a driver-assistance technology that enables hands-free driving in 95% percent of all driving scenarios. A door-to-door hands-free driving technology that will enable GM’s goal of zero crashes, zero emissions and zero congestion.
UltraCruise is part of SDV - ‘Software Defined Vehicle’ group that is developing a new vehicle intelligence platform whose features and functions are primarily enabled through software. This is a significant part of the ongoing transformation of vehicles from being mainly hardware-based to a software-centric electronic device on wheels
UltraCruise IL group is focusing on research and development of advanced technologies to enable brake through applications for the future of mobility.
What will you do?
- Design, implement and develop system and infrastructure modules using C++.
- Solve complex problems, requiring in-depth understanding of the system components.
- Tech-lead and mentor team members to overcome complex problems and accelerate the development process.
- Collaborate closely with experienced researches, engineers, system and software architects.
- Be a part of a goal-oriented work-group and dynamic environment developing GM's future autonomous vehicle.
What are we looking for?
- B.Sc/ M.Sc in one of computer science, electrical/computer engineering or equivalent.
- Over 3 years of experience in software C++ programming.
- Strong understanding of OOP and software design.
- Detail-oriented and comfortable with multitasking in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities and changing requirements.
- Team player, highly motivated and committed, passionate about SW development, a fast learner, and willing to work in a dynamic environment.
It’s an advantage if you have:
- Experience in Computer Vision.
- Experience as people leader
- Experience developing GUI applications and tools.
- Experience in Python programming
- Experience in real-time embedded platforms.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.