Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
- This position requires an employee to be onsite 3-4 times per week.
The Software Defined Vehicle (SDV) team supports the definition, design, and development of continuously improving mobility services. SDV has created Ultifi, a new vehicle intelligence platform, that will underpin all our future innovations across a wide range of technological advancements, including EVs and expanded automated driving. This means that you can potentially put a fingerprint on the vehicles that drive down the road! Within the Software Defined Vehicle, GM is developing the next generation of embedded platform software to deliver state of the art ADAS features on the Ultifi platform.
Our team is looking for a Control Integration Engineer to be responsible for data collection and integration engineering working with both the Vehicle Controls team and all others within the UltraCruise Program! The focus of the work will be the integration of Longitudinal and Lateral Vehicle Controls Software that supports UltraCruise System Capabilities. Testing will include different software streams and branches throughout a software cadence or Sprint as well as testing the final version.
What You’ll Do:
- Troubleshoot vehicle level integration issues at the module level (MCU and SoC), including hardware, software, calibration, instrumentation, and vehicle wiring.
- Support development trips, experimental garages, and development fleet and test fleet vehicle activities.
- Analyze software defects; find root cause, create software solution, test and verify and bring issue to closure.
- Work with various cross-functional and global teams in the US, Canada, and Israel to meet project deliverables.
- Lead multiple projects and assignments with a high level of autonomy and accountability for results.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science or related technical degree
- Minimum of 2 years of engineering/technical experience
- Experience building scripts from scratch using one of the following or similar languages; MATLAB, Simulink, Python, C, etc.
- Knowledgeable about embedded systems & software as it pertains to engineering
- Possess a valid drivers license with the ability to operate test vehicles
What is Preferred:
- Master’s Degree
- Knowledgeable in vehicle data collection
- Experienced with Dspace Control Desk/INCA
- Exposure to Linux
- Knowledge of Adaptive AutoSAR and QNX
- Design/Development of Safety Critical Systems/Components
- Experience with Automated Driving software
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.