Manufacturing engineer engaged in developing manufacturing and machining processes, equipment/tooling alternatives, sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities necessary to produce components. Work is performed in an engine component machining plant environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment. You will be part of a team supporting daily production needs.
- Process definition for machining and assembly processes
- Sequencing of operations
- Human factors – ergonomic consideration
- Efficient material flow
- Continuous improvement of equipment, tooling, and gaging
- Providing technical direction to and oversight of external vendor sources and internal maintenance and operations teams, to solve urgent and complex problems by identifying and evaluating alternatives and solutions
- Development and testing of advanced process technology
- Supporting improvements through TIP (Throughput Improvement Process), ensuring high-yield and productivity
- Supporting Business Plan Deployment (BPD) teams and coordinating engineering activities to achieve Business Plan objectives
- Analyzing production results and data for root cause analysis
This position is not eligible for ISP, ITAP, or localizations.
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Critical thinking and an analytical mindset
- Demonstrate excellent level of analytical ability, communication and interpersonal skills required to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Demonstrated knowledge of statistical methods as applied to process control
- Demonstrated knowledge of quality Systems and gauging methods
- Demonstrated knowledge of PFMEAs and control plans
- Experience with AutoCAD and part and tooling prints
- Ability to work flexible hours, at times overtime, off-shift support, as well as on-call support
- Experience with engine component machining processes including:
- CNC machining centers and programming
- Crankshaft precision grinding and polishing processes
- Cylinder Head machining processes
- Cylinder Block honing processes
- Leak testing processes and instrumentation
- In-line gaging processes
- Precision cutting tools, i.e. PCD, carbide, CBN, etc. and required set-ups
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering preferred, or equivalent experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.