Factory ZERO is our first, all-electric automotive assembly plant and the blueprint of General Motors' electric future! We have a corporate vision of “Zero crashes, Zero emissions, Zero congestion.” Our most novel products like the Hummer EV and our very first autonomous vehicle, Cruise Origin will be assembled right in this facility. This requires us to employ the most upbeat, capable, and innovative talent to ensure we meet the challenges of developing the new manufacturing processes required to assemble these outstanding products! We offer a multifaceted and inclusive work environment that questions the status-quo daily to strengthen our reputation. Selected candidates will have the opportunity to learn new skills and actively play an integral role in the development of new processes here at Factory Zero.
Job Description Summary:
As Industrial Engineer, you will work directly with production in implementing lean manufacturing systems. You will analyze throughput data to help departments improve performance and be responsible to handle standardized work for future products alongside the core team. The main purpose of the Industrial Engineer is to work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, person-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value. The position will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality. The ability to work in a multifaceted, fast-paced manufacturing environment is essential to your success at General Motors.
- Develop, status, and analyze Manufacturing Master Schedules in sufficient detail to track progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
- Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution.
- Optimize sequence of operations and work flow.
- Create crew plans to ensure resources are allocated and used effectively.
- Create metrics to monitor schedule progress and help identify risk areas.
- Work to improve efficiencies through waste elimination and process improvements.
- Perform data analysis to establish shop metrics and tackle complex problems.
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum 6 months of relevant Manufacturing experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Industrial Engineering or similar field
- Ergonomic Experience
- experience with Standard Time Systems, Standardized Work, and Time Studies
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing Principles
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.