At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles, to ePallets and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
From engineering to product management and operations, BrightDrop is looking for people who can combine a passion for technology and sustainability with high doses of curiosity and rigorous thinking to deliver a better future. Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us. https://www.gobrightdrop.com/
About the role:
Developing an autonomous vehicle is a complicated prospect. We’re looking for an experienced product manager to help evolve our autonomy efforts. You will work in close partnership with engineering partners, suppliers, and research teams to help design, implement, and maintain future delivery vehicles. If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, safety-critical environment and you’re great at creating solutions given minimal detail beyond complicated requirements, you might be the person we’re looking for!
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the customer problem space across all segments in various industries with delivery and transportation focus
- Creating and owning part of the autonomous driving product space, thinking through product offering, pricing, and go-to-market approach
- Creating and owning the product strategy and roadmap using qualitative and quantitative data, and aligning cross-functional stakeholders to that plan
- Generating requirements to address key customer pain points in a holistic, customer-centric manner, and partnering with subject matter experts to ensure applicability of solution(s)
- Completely own your product, from ideation, through development, to launch, growth and maintenance. Clearly communicate roadmaps, priorities, experiments, and decisions across a wide spectrum of audiences from partner teams to executive levels.
- Exhibiting analytical prowess through setting success metrics and creating the analytical backbone for your product
- 3+ years of product management experience, having shipped technology products
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field with at least two years of relevant professional experience
- Knowledge of software development capabilities, frameworks, or UIs used to support engineering development
- Expert analytical know-how
- Strong attention to detail, love for establishing structure in ambiguity and bias to action
- Thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative work environment where your impact is highly visible
- Passionate about autonomous vehicle technology and its potential to improve the world
Nice to have:
- Experience in robotics, real-time systems, embedded system, human-computer interaction, or self-driving technologies
- Working knowledge of various sensor technologies including camera, radar, LiDAR, ultrasonic, and vehicle state sensors
The expected base compensation for this role is: (112,142 - 175,401 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.