As an emerging authority on GM's culture, business model and industry, a coordinator is a strategic advisor and administrator to functional managers to help them make sound business decisions.
Contributes and collaborates in all forms (new ideas, solutions, team calls, partnerships with colleagues and functional leaders.) Provides administrative support and improves processes. Leads and drives projects within a matrixed environment.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinate material counts for engineering changes, breakpoints, and Production Trial Runs (PTR)
- Investigate Overflow
- Supports/manages obsolescence adjustments
- CTL (Close the Loop) investigation
- Investigates part histories to identify misuse, specification problems, unaccounted scrap or potential theft
- Audit of receiving process, follow-up and resolution of discrepancies, including duplicate receipts
- Investigates/validates “Discrepancy Receipts” & “No Shipping Records”
- Responsible for end of model obsolescence
- Performs a daily audit of record adjustments including Miscellaneous Records/Discrepancy Receipts reviews
- Manage E-scrap system access, processing and communication to the plant teams
- Coordinates record retention adhering to GM Information Lifecycle Management requirements
- Interfaces with launch support teams and is responsible for ordering supplemental material for each Trial Run.
- Performs material receipt analysis and investigates losses
- Plan and execute cycle count to support monthly and annual corporate requirements
- Prepare monthly reports regarding all material adjustments along with root cause analysis
Knowledge/Skills and Ability:
- Extensive knowledge of MGO Office Screens
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others, motivate employees, and elicit work output
- Planning and organizational abilities
- High level of analytical ability where problems are unusual and difficult
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.