GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. At EVGRO (EV Growth Operations), we are committed to accelerating GM into an all-electric future. EVGRO will inspire mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership. The V2X group in EVGRO is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. We are growing fast and building a team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
The V2X Program Business Development Managers will be responsible for:
- Leading business development for a range of V2X-related software and energy solutions associated with bidirectional charging, V2H, V2L, V2G and other advanced V2X functions; this includes helping GM partner with utilities, IPPs and other energy industry participants to understand, co-develop, and adopt V2X solutions.
- Exploring competitive landscape and opportunities for GM that may contribute to increasing the value of EV offerings such as smart charging, energy storage, and other adjacencies.
- Supporting GM’s smart grid activities, helping to execute various VGI programs with utilities.
- Supporting project strategy and overarching objective to make the EV ownership experience more seamless and convenient.
- Developing materials for leadership reviews/making presentation to all levels of management.
- Working collaboratively with engineering teams, program management teams, and other internal groups crafting and executing necessary strategies to optimize charging experience.
- This role requires up to 40% travel.
- 3-7+ years experience in an electrification-based role, electric vehicle (EV) charging company, or utility.
- Experience with developing sales pipelines/funnels and business development activities.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills required to effectively lead, motivate, and facilitate others in group situations.
- Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment and an innovation mindset.
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the United States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
Remote: This position does not require employees to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively.
- The expected base compensation for this role is: ($90,223.08 to $144,122.52 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.