- Provide technical advice to dealer personnel diagnosing and repairing. vehicles in ‘fix it right the first time’ manner including on-site support.
- Responsible for ASKMe such as technical inquiries (TSR).
- Review source plant-developed TSB’s for translation proofreading.
- Process dealer Field Product Reports per the GMJ guideline.
- Create PRTS to identify filed product concerns to source plant and work with them closely for product improvements.
- Conduct the regional technical meeting with the senior technicians in order to share the necessary information among them.
- Conduct the technical investigation based on the request from JMLIT, Police and Fire Department.
- Conduct the technical investigation for PL (Product Liability) issue and prepare the necessary report to the HQ and insurance company.
- Lead Dealer Field Product Reports (TFR) judgment meeting.
- Pursuing on-site product investigations.
- Spread out strategic Aftersales plans / gathering dealer concern, problems and etc. act as Field Engineer.
- Support to execute field actions.
- Provide technical support to other various functions, not limited to but, such as marketing, events, PR events, and new model R&D.
- Provide support to Director and Head regarding technical training center management roles.
- Not specified above but should be covered all service-related matters.
- Warranty determination operations using the Global Warranty. Management (GWM) system.
- Processing of pending or error warranty claims.
- Responding to various inquiries related to warranties.
- Processing of prior repair approval (PRA) / special approval for warranty claims (less than ¥500,000).
- Preparation of monthly reports (accounting reports, provision of warranty data to CC&A (results of data analysis / preparation of Warranty Saving report, etc.)).
- Development of Warranty Information (as appropriate).
- Warranty training/consulting implementation plan.
- On-site training and implementation planning (during Warranty Audit).
- Revision of training manuals (as appropriate).
- Scrapping (audit *in the future plan).
- Prepare annual schedule/data preparation/implementation plan/coordination with dealers for warranty audit.
- Formulate and implement an action plan in case of poor audit results.
- Various dealer follow-ups based on GMI/GMJ data (raising to a higher level).
- Correction of deficiencies related to GWM application, etc.
- Participation in Teams conference hosted by GM International.
- Business English capability (TOEIC 600 and above).
- Minimum 3rd grade national automotive technician certificates (1st or 2nd grade is preferable)
- Driving License
- Working experience as a technician for more than 5 years at a Japanese automotive firm or an importer
- Working experience as a warranty for more than 5 years (or having warranty well knowledge) at a Japanese automotive firm or an importer
- Computer literate in Windows applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Access preferable)
- Proven problem-solving abilities
- Strong written and oral communications skills
- Ability to work as a team member
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.