Hybrid: This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work at a GM facility or off-site as frequently as needed or desired.
This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
Web applications play a vital role in providing GM customers with seamless experience across the customer journey. Our goal is to build easy to use digital products and services that deliver seamless experience throughout the customer journey.
The Web Product Manager will own & manage web channel’s core enabler products, support their adoption by product teams across enterprise and ensure consistent CX. The Web Product Manager will also evaluate existing customer experiences across the web ecosystem to identify and drive optimization leveraging core web enablers.
This role requires an understanding of web technologies and principles of CX be successful.
The Web Product Manager will
- Own and Manage core web enablers – reusable capabilities that can be leveraged by web applications across the enterprise
- Responsible for end-to-end product life cycle management, balancing long-term and near-term business needs
- Work collaboratively with lines of businesses, channels, tech teams and UX design to drive to build, enhance and maintain core web enablers
- Engage and support partners along the journey to adopt and use core web enablers
- Drive and support consistent customer experiences across the web channel
- Monitor product performance to drive new feature development and retirement decisions
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain product backlogs
- Manage intake and qualify requests for product enhancements and/or product adoption
- Ideate and lead cross functional teams to develop new or enhance existing capabilities
- Evaluate and take product decisions with support from UX and Tech teams - supporting needs of different teams while preserving enterprise character/usability of enablers
- Collaborate and coordinate with UX team for feature concept development, benchmarking, testing and deliverables of UX wires, design comps and content
- Participate and support agile planning and execution activities
- Define and Monitor product performance to identify enhancement opportunities
- Work with operations and Tech teams to resolve performance or customer experience issues
- BS/BA with 8+ years building & managing digital systems
- Experience in Digital Product Management
- Understanding of latest state and trends in web technologies.
- Ability to engage and communicate with technical teams
- Communication and organizational agility
- Customer first focus - ability to gather customer insights and prioritize customer expectations/pain points
- Good problem identification and problem-solving skills
- Relationship building
- Ability to function in ambiguous/fast-paced environment
- Learning agility - Self-starter with a passion, initiative, and persistence to excel
- Ability to influence- Influencing and negotiation skills are critical for success in this role
- Factors that would be considered plus
- Experience in customer facing digital systems
- Experience in large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of SAFe
- BS/BA in software engineering or information systems or high-tech experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.