· Responsible for operationally leading and executing backend processes for Aftersales relating to Vehicles and, CCA and Parts & Accessories Pricing and related sales promotion activities, and ensuring that processing is done with high quality – accurate, timely and complete
· Partner with key stakeholders in securing information relevant to Vehicle and CCA Price calculations
· Analyze and Interpret data for reporting requirements
· Understand local and business trends that impact financial operations, including peaks and valleys of country performance and cost indicators
· Combination of repetitive and adhoc processes that are more complex and require critical thinking
· Ensures compliance with GM Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
· Support internal and external audits
· Interacts with internal/external related parties (impacted Business Units, Global Controller’s Team, Global Finance Teams, etc.)
· Has strong control focus – brings any issues (accounting or control related) forward immediately
· Has a strong focus on process improvements to drive quality accounting and compliance
o Frequent contact with others outside of work group to accomplish tasks
o Participation in Special Projects (including LEAN/Six Sigma activities) - -eventual leader of such projects
· Highly technical in the use of SAP system (t-codes, asset module flow, etc.)
· Supports BCP, BIA activities and updates EUCA Files
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
· Applies knowledge of financial reporting implications of transactions within Supply Chain – sourcing, procurement and customer order delivery
· Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX /Internal Control Requirements – additionally, continue to attend trainings on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable;
· Working knowledge of SAP and other GM systems as required for the assigned position (systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality)
Non-Technical Skills & Competencies:
· Problem Solving
· Possesses Continuous Improvement mindset and able to translate it to meaningful projects
· Solves and Analyzes Issues, Stretched Goals
· Drive for Individual Results
· Ability to work cross-functionally
· Basic Communication Skills
o Verbally communicates clearly and concisely a need, request, idea or thought to drive action of peers
o With help, can tailor communication to address concerns or open conversations in a way that the external partner understands and protects the reputation and confidentiality needs of GM.
· BA in Finance/Supply Chain/Accounting/Business or equivalent with strong foundation and experience in a shared service environment
· Experience working in a multinational organization and working with colleagues internationally is preferred
· Basic domain knowledge of operations finance related processes (Supply Chain, Order Management and Materials Management for CCA)
· Works effectively with others and as part of a team;
· Competent/Above-Average English Fluency
Important note: mid shift
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.