- Responsible for operationally executing and supporting from Product Costing and Inventory perspective:
- Monthly closing and reporting as per US GAAP
- Product Line Profitability and Variance Analysis as per US GAAP
- Annual closing as per US GAAP
- Propose Journal Entries based on financial information
- Compliance with GM Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Support internal and external audits
- Interacts with internal/external related parties (impacted Business Units, Global Controller’s Team, Global Finance Teams, Global Systems Teams, etc.)
- Has strong control focus – brings any issues (accounting or control related) forward immediately
- Has a strong focus on process improvements to drive quality accounting and compliance
- Frequent contact with others outside of work group, including various Business Unit(s) functions and management/directors, to accomplish tasks and resolve issues
- Participation in Special Projects (including LEAN/Six Sigma activities) - eventual leader of such projects
- Responsible for the day- to-day product costing, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Supports the activities of forecast, budget, and long-term plan by supplying Actuals information to other GBS teams and BU functions such as Operations Finance, Financial Planning & Analysis, Global Supply Chain, Product Development, etc.
- Research, analyze, and explain variances on month-on-month, year-on-year, prior-to-current of Actuals information.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare costing and profitability analysis for management decision-making process when business needs.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls, and apply them.
- Demonstrate appropriate understanding / working knowledge of the Company’s operational, production, and trade flows.
- Provide timely, relevant, and accurate reporting & analysis related to vehicle costing and contribution margin of various product lines of Business unit(s) assigned.
- Investigate and report to the direct supervisor any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Identify non-value added processes within the team and seek solutions.
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Understanding of US GAAP, IFRS, and SOX /Internal Control Requirements - additionally, continue to attend trainings on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable
- Working knowledge of SAP and costing systems, as necessary for the role (WPCS - Worldwide Product Costing System, MGO – Material Global Optimization, GPS – Global Purchasing System and other GM systems as required for the assigned position). Systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality.
Non-Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Problem Solving
- Integrity and Trust
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Learning on the Fly
- Client Service Mindset
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Works effectively with remote colleagues via various communication channels
- Research accounting and costing issues and prescribe appropriate resolution
- Ability to pursue open issues to resolution
- High level of analytical ability to solve unusual and difficult issues
- Works effectively with others and as part of a team
- English Fluency
Important note: mid to night
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.