- Responsible for operationally performing and executing from treasury perspective
- Monthly closing and reporting
- Account reconciliation
- Annual closing activities
- Create journal entries based on financial information
- Bank open item management and resolution
- Perform cash walk, cash forecasting, funding and other treasury related activities
- Compliance with GM Corporate policies and external regulatory requirements
- Interacts with internal/external related parties (impacted Business Units, Global Controller’s Team, Global Finance Teams, etc.)
- Main point of contact for internal and external audits
- Has strong control focus – identify and drives resolution for issues (accounting or control related) within their respective area
- Identify, lead and implement process improvements to drive quality accounting and compliance within their respective area
- Frequent contact with others outside of work group to accomplish tasks
- Lead or actively participate in Special Projects performing Continuous Process Improvements
- Responsible for identifying and documenting process gaps to moderate standard financial analysis
- Responsible for the day- to-day general ledger accounting and reconciliation, financial reporting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Research and resolve Business Unit(s) inquiries for assigned functional areas.
- Prepare Manual Journal Entries adjustment when business needs.
- Responsible for performing special projects to improve process efficiency and performance Projects as assigned by Management.
- Demonstrate intermediate understanding / working knowledge of accounting principles and internal controls and apply them.
- Investigate and report to the Direct Supervisor any inconsistencies or improprieties.
- Prepare and update desk procedures as necessary
Technical Knowledge Requirements:
- Intermediate understanding of US GAAP, IFRS and SOX/Internal Control Requirements – additionally continue to attend training on these topics to remain adequately informed and knowledgeable
- Working knowledge of SAP, Wall Street System (WSS) and other GM systems as required for the assigned position (systems and level of knowledge necessary will vary – employee must be willing to continuously learn the GM systems landscape and functionality)
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office tools.
- Exposure and experience in treasury operation is a plus
Non-Technical Skills & Competencies:
- Integrity and Trust
- Self-starter with minimal supervision and good analytical & critical thinking skills; can work under pressure
- Accountable, results-oriented
- Accurate and precise attention to details
- Ability to collaborate and work with others effectively
- Flexible, adaptable and highly organized
- Customer Service Mindset and interpersonal savvy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including working with international associates where English is a second language.
- Flexibility in work hours to accommodate global time zones and business requirements
- Bachelor’s degree holder in Accounting
- 3-5 years’ experience in handling treasury accounting and operation or similar processes
- Knowledgeable in handling Foreign exchange risk management, internal cash management and cash forecasting
- Must have good problem-solving skills and precise attention to details
Important note: morning shift
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.