- Input checking for the data received from GMNA
- Tool design done as per MPMs or suggested datum strategy
- Checking of design as per design checklist
- Tool design internal & customer review with approval
- Detailing of the approved tool with all deliverables
- Checking of deliverables as per detailing checklist
- Updating & tracking of tool in internal project tracker
- Supplier coordination & issue resolution in Tooling
- Delivery of the design kits to customers on TcAE
- Tool revised & delivered as per customer request & change log items
- Immediate addressing (RCA) for any issues received from customer
- Weld template creation for new tools from MPMs
- Weld template revision of the tools as per change log items.
- Peer review (As assigned)
- Study the input data provided by Customer and check the process w.r.t. GEP1 standards.
- Create Process Books for PPO program (eBOP).
- Modification of process as per changes suggested by Customer
- Communicate with customer for reviews and Query resolution.
- Export the Planner projects and deliver to Customer
- Knowledge of Automotive Body In White Structure and Build Process.
- Knowledge of Welding Process and Fixture/Tool Design
- Knowledge of Manufacturing / assembly Process
- Knowledge of Weld Template creation and its use.
- Knowledge of PPO build Process.
- Good Understanding of GD&T.
Understanding of Clamping and Locating concept (CDLS).
- NX -Modelling/Drafting Knowledge along with GM Toolkit
- Knowledge of TcAE and Process designer (Technomatix)
- MS office
Experience/Education: B.E / B.Tech (Mechanical/Production/Automobile)
Experience With 3-5 years.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.