The Ultra Cruise Data Engine team takes a significant part in redefining
traditional cars into software-defined vehicles. We are crafting the face of the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
Our automated driving AI application develops the “brain” of the autonomous vehicle by applying cutting edge technologies, into our vehicle's Perception and Decision-Making capabilities!
Within the large, automated AI application organization, the UltraCruise Data Engine Group is developing and operating an efficient Data Engine for automated driving development.
The Data Engine Operations Team Leader responsibility is to lead our Ops team in Ireland (4 team members) to meet the high demand for dataset deliveries, in quality and quantities.
The role will be based in our Limerick office. This position does not require an employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. This position requires employee to be onsite 3 times per week
- Lead the operation team - tasks assignment, daily activities, coaching and mentoring of team.
- Own operation activities - build plans, supervise the execution, and mange dependencies
- Data factory processes monitoring and improvement - Review operation tools and suggest place for improvement (quantities, process time, idle, delay, issues)
- Communicate with Project Managers, validation team and developers on plans, issue solving and knowledge transfer
- BSc in Industrial engineer/Software engineer/Computer science or similar
- Lead a team – very close to the execution, push for improvement validation
- Write reports- performance of the production and team
- Experience of at least 2 years working in Agile methodology (SAFe/Scrum/Kanban), using management tools (e.g., Jira)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working for global company (desirable)
- Self-confident with the ability to promote a new way of thinking.
- Minimum 2 years experience in leading Operations/QA team /Software (3+ people)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.