- The position will support vehicle sales forecast for the company’s joint ventures and business units in China; lead business analyses about automotive market and competitive trends with focuses on vehicle sales, new entries, pricing, NEV dynamics, and provide regular reports and in-depth studies to support company’s sales planning, pricing strategies and relevant management decisions
- This position will report to Senior Manager, short-term sales forecasting and reporting, GM China. This position is to lead business projects/assignments, while has no direct reports
- Key responsibilities include (but not limited to)
- Evaluate vehicle sales forecast data provided by joint ventures and business functions, analyzing and revising the data to help deliver accurate projection
- Support the team to assess and develop company’s sales forecasts in the context of industry overview, segment trends, and dynamic competitive environment
- Lead automotive market related and competitive assessments to support joint ventures, business functions and management
- Lead insightful analyses to understand auto market changes, competitive performance, OEM go to market strategies
- Deliver regular reports on auto industry, competitive performance tracking, EV market entries and trends, vehicle pricing trends
- Update Seasonal Adjusted Annual Rates of monthly auto industry, segments and competitor sales
- Support joint ventures on future vehicles’ price setting, by providing independent analyses on competitive environment, segment pricing trends and relevant assessment. Coordinate inputs from the team and cross-functions
- Support ad-hoc requests from JVs/company management, brand leaders and functions on vehicle sales/price data, and relevant market analyses
- Support global intelligence team on China-related topics
- Regularly monitor market trends and future competitive entries by actively participating in industry conferences, screening industry media/APP/websites, and updating accordingly
- Support competitive database maintenance on sales/prices
Additional job description :
- At least 5-10 years of work experience in automotive industry or related areas, with experience in sales analyses, forecasts, market and competitive analyses
- University degree in Business Management, Economics, Statistics or related field with an emphasis in mathematics or statistics required, Master/MBA degree preferred
- Strong analytical skills with ability to identify data trends, sales dynamics, competitive trends; ability to work with creativity and critical thinking desired
- Able to deliver work assignment in a short turnaround amidst dynamic business environment
- Attention to details
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Chinese and English with the ability to compile information into unified reports
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, including PPT, Excel, Pivot table, Power BI, etc. Data skill sets including Tableau, data Visualization, SQL, R or Python programming preferred
Final work level of offer will be subject to candidate’s background and experience.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.