Please note, you must submit a Portfolio to be considered for this position – See Instructions Below.
- You help build compelling brand themes and art direction for future user experiences.
- You will be the point person working collaboratively with the Digital Design Team.
- Deliverables will include sketches, drawings, low-resolution prototypes, quick wireframe models, storyboards and any other medium you feel will be effective.
- Conduct Design critiques that will guide major design decisions.
- Collaborate closely with senior team members to craft a world-class user experience across all our products and platforms.
- Strategize with key partners to brainstorm and see opportunities.
- Act as the voice of design for the team and stakeholders alike.
- 8+ years’ experience working within automotive design, art direction or UX interior product design.
- Experience leading multi-disciplinary projects.
- Experience in visual design principles and practices.
- Candidate must provide a strong portfolio with work samples showcasing visual design, interaction design, product design, creativity, and depth of thought.
- Ability to exercise strong design judgement.
- Ability to see differences and needs of GM brands as it relates to the customer experience
- Ability to communicate across a wide range of media. (3D, 2D, prototype, animation)
- Good English command of listening, speaking and writing
- Passionate about visual design and how it relates to customer experience
- Excellent Collaboration – leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Deep understanding of the global landscape in this space.
- Solid understanding of technology and the product development lifecycle.
- Strong presentation skills - written, visual, and verbal communication.
- Previous automotive experience desired but not essential.
Portfolio submission instructions
To be considered for this position, you will need to submit a portfolio in addition to your resume and profile. You may include a link to your online portfolio in your resume or the "website" section of this application OR if your portfolio is not available online, please follow the instructions below to upload your portfolio as a separate attachment as you did with the resume.
Save your portfolio as a pdf document Name your portfolio your LAST NAME, FIRST NAME. Example: Candidate name is John Smith. Portfolio pdf file name is: Smith, John.pdf Upload as an attachment - you may have to condense the file.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.