This is a hybrid work model out of Washington, D.C.
The position will provide executive administrative support to the Vice President, Global Regulatory Affairs and three directors. Work includes various tasks such as travel arrangements, calendaring, and scheduling. Position requires a high degree of accuracy and coordination within the Public Policy and across the company.
- Schedule complex meetings and maintain multiple calendars
- Coordinate and schedule domestic and international meetings and manage calendars
- Support travel arrangements, Visa, passport and associated expense reports
- Conserve manager's time by assuming administrative details
- Handling of global correspondence, email, and phone calls
- When appropriate, respond to global email requests on behalf of VP Regulatory Affairs and direct leadership team (e.g., RSVP to invitations, coordinate meetings, provide bios, executive photos, maps/directions, etc.)
- Support the development of various PowerPoint presentations, written reports, letters, etc.
- Complete various assignments as requested with minimal supervision
- Maintain electronic filing system, records, confidential files and GM specific reports
- Manage team’s completion of required corporate training and other programs (ILM)
- IT / Cell phone / Phone / Conference Call assistance
- Manage office environment, including handling mail, ordering supplies, maintaining office equipment, etc.
- Ability to process invoices in eSAP
- Experience dealing with Senior Management or Executives in an administrative capacity
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- High level of interpersonal skills
- High level of problem-solving ability including independent judgment and decision-making skills
- Advanced level of proficiency in software (MS Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, scheduling, internet, and knowledge of Sharepoint)
- Demonstrated knowledge of grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Highly proficient oral and written communication skills
- Ability to take initiative and work independently
- Two-year degree or professional certification in related field, or equivalent work experience (ten years). A four-year college degree is preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant administrative experience in a professional office setting
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.