Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis. This position requires an employee to cover territory visits to dealerships in a reoccurring frequency. Relocation may be provided.
The selected candidate will assume territorial responsibility and relocate to within 50 miles of Little Rock, AR or Kansas City, Missouri/Kansas City, KS.
The ACDelco Market Area Manager has a territorial responsibility and will aggressively solicit orders at the Direct Account level to maximize sales incentive and product programs participation, establishing ACDelco inventories to support sales in the market area, and assisting in the marketing of ACDelco products and benefits. This position will also assist all Direct Accounts in Market Area with executing their business plan (aligned to market area business plan) to increase ACDelco’s secondary customer base and market penetration in a manner that facilitates CCA's overall regional and national revenue targets.
The ACDelco Market Area Manager is involved in a variety of activities including implementation and development of marketing initiatives, customer retention, product displays, financial analysis, and training. To be successful in this role you must have a high level of independent judgment and the ability to make decisions within the limits of general practices and procedures.
- Demonstrate GM's Core Values and Cultural Priorities
- Develop and direct assigned Field Manager Aftermarket (FMA) and Market Area Product Specialist (MAPS) employees
- Collaborate constructively with Wholesale Market Area Manager
- Attain assigned sales objectives
- Develop and strengthen all makes/all models sales volume for assigned area
- Aggressively solicit orders at the Direct Account level by establishing inventories, soliciting line additions and changeovers via LEEP and stocklift budgets
- Assist in the marketing of ACDelco products and programs at both Direct and National Accounts
- Develop and grow Independent Aftermarket sales opportunities, including Fleet
- Prospect for new distribution opportunities at all levels to increase ACDelco market penetration
- Develop and improve DA Outside Sales Representative (OSR) engagement
- Coordinate with Direct Account and utilize marketing budget to create and implement market specific (Local) promotions to increase sales
- Sell national, regional and local programs to DDG members and develop sales promotional programs and advertising campaigns to generate additional sales volumes
- Communicate and ensure DA compliance with ACDelco policies and procedures
- Complete weekly updates, administrative duties, special assignments, and other leadership requests regarding competitive products, market conditions and distribution activities in a timely and professional manner
- Provide market input to assist with forecast and business planning
- Coordinate input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs/perceptions
- Maintain up-to-date customer profiles and other records in accordance with company instructions
- Attend conventions, special events and trade shows as required
- Support all customer training activities
- Keep abreast of current product developments and trends
- Maintain an effective relationship with ACDelco PDCs
- Monitor ACDelco both warranty reduction initiatives and material returns/core credit activities, and support control measures acting as a liaison between the customer and ACDelco
- 3+ years automotive aftermarket experience preferred
- Outside Sales experience is preferred
- Ability to prioritize and deploy resources to maximize opportunities
- Strong customer relationship and selling skills
- High level of interpersonal and strong communications skills
- Business insight and ability to identify new business opportunities
- Ability to communicate product line features and benefits
- Problem-solving skills and analytical abilities
- Ability to develop and execute action plans
- Entrepreneurial attitude
- Knowledge of GM parts systems
- Knowledge of computer software, MS Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint etc.
- Travel as necessary - up to 50%
PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU DO NOT NEED SPONSORSHIP TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES NOW OR IN THE FUTURE. WE ARE UNABLE TO CONSIDER CANDIDATES WHO REQUIRE SPONSORSHIP.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.