The primary areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform assigned electrical / mechanical work
- Responsible for operation, repair, and maintenance of the following electrical / mechanical equipment in assigned area such as: Conveyors & related equipment, robots, automated equipment, programmable controllers, tooling and fixtures, local air handling equipment, electrical equipment used in the manufacturing process, vision systems,
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance activities per schedule
- Employee must be able to operate industrial mobile equipment
- Be the “hands-on” technical operational specialist, with both mechanical and electrical responsibilities to assure the optimization of all production equipment
- Organize, plan and execute maintenance and process projects to include process system upgrades and new installations, design, build & debug as required
- Responsible for the planning, scheduling, documenting and execution of all maintenance activities to include: operator maintenance training, and reliability centered maintenance activities: predictive, preventative, planned and reactive for electrical, hydraulic, mechanical, pneumatic, and robotic
- Address all machine related issues, with co-workers and management personnel with accuracy, in a timely manner, giving updates and schedules as necessary.
- Provide technical (mechanical, electrical, pneumatic/hydraulic) expertise to the business unit team to assist in creating and implementing the best solutions to manufacturing challenges
- Continually increase technical knowledge and knowledge of alternative work methods to ensure the accuracy and efficiency of equipment. Conduct technical training to maintain the proficiency of the workforce and peers
- Support all production operators, systems & tools which enable the production organization to own the process and achieve all throughput and uptime targets
- Support global manufacturing systems compliance, business plan deployment, and global best practices
- Participate and lead lean initiatives, such continuous improvement events, identifying and eliminating all types of waste
- Maintain knowledge of all safety devices, procedures, the company, OSHA and MIOSHA regulatory requirements regarding machinery to identify, communicate and resolve all potential safety issues in an effort to eliminate all accidents
- Technical degree / Four Year Apprenticeship required or equivalent experience OR one of the following:
- o Electrical Journeyman’s license or Mechanical Journeyman’s license
- o 6 + years as maintenance technician / electrician technician
- Familiarity with high volume automotive manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of advanced mechanical / electrical concepts
- Knowledge of maintenance and construction standards and codes, and applicable laws and regulations
- General knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems to include: basic electricity and electronics, controls and instrumentation, programmable logic control (PLC), robotics, mechanical drives and power transmission systems, fluid power and pneumatics
- Working knowledge of general maintenance principles, blueprint reading/schematics and welding
- Hands on mechanical and electrical capability, grasping complex systems easily, along with the ability to multitask in a highly flexible environment
- Must be able to work off shift (2nd or 3rd shift)
- Strong knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC 5000 and Siemens HMI
- Knowledge to read / edit PLC programs
- Practical knowledge of associated process equipment operations, sequencing, error-proofing and diagnostic capabilities
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to maintenance needs
- Fanuc robotics programming and maintenance
- Welding MIG, TIG, brazing, ARC a plus but not required
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.