Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis with 20-25% travel.
GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. At EVGRO (EV Growth Operations), we are committed to accelerating GM into an all-electric future. EVGRO will inspire mass adoption of EVs through cross-functional strategies around vehicles, buying, charging, and ownership. The V2X group in EVGRO is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs and accelerate sustainability goals for our customers and our communities. We are growing fast and building a team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
The V2X group in GM Energy is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs, Energy Storage, DER assets and accelerate sustainability goals for customers and communities. We are fast growing and building a high-performance team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry. The V2X Platform Engineer will be part of the team creating the digital platform that will host, create, and enable the suite of V2X products and integrated energy asset capabilities that will allow GM Energy to maximize the value and resilience benefits of its EVs and other energy assets.
- Responsible for collaborating on the strategic vision and contributing to the roadmap of V2X platform.
- Lead the design, build, and deployment phases of enterprise energy solutions on the V2X Platform.
- Creating and validating platform technical specifications, and in some cases directly contributing code deployed to the platform.
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for customers and development activities
- Participate in pilot projects and programs
- Support business development and sales teams in customer engagements
- Serve as a critical partner and interface with V2X Product Management & IT teams.
- Contribute to the ideation and validation of V2X Products
- Serve as a lead technical partner identifying, validating, and coordinating with key external cloud solutions providers and partners
- Adhere to GM Policies and Procedures by working closely with cross-functional teams including global security, legal, privacy, etc.
- Help prioritize product backlogs by representing needs/timing to ensure we’re delivering the most valuable features to market in required timeframes
- Works with cross-functional team members to ensure feature readiness for PI planning events, and articulate the feature/capability business value & OKRs (objectives & key results) for the team
- Application experience in deploying load analysis, DER’s, Aggregation, & Market Systems.
- Experience in load analysis using AI/ML for residential and C&I customers, peak load management.
- Knowledge in energy policy & carbon markets
- Demonstrated high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment and an innovation mindset.
- Experience detailing product requirements or leading products in the digital domain.
- Experience collaborating across multiple teams and functional areas.
- 5+ years applicable experience in building cloud/SaaS solutions, ideally from concept stage through commercial enterprise-scale deployment.
- Ability to occasionally work irregular hours.
- Self-starting personality with the ability to think strategically, problem solve and develop creative solutions.
- Positive relationship building skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Computer Engineering/Science, or Equivalent Experience
Please only apply if you DO NOT need sponsorship to work in the Unites States now or in the future. We are unable to consider candidates who require sponsorship .
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $124,500 - $190,692 USD Annual. Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
#coolV2Xjobs #LI-Remote #GM-Remote
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.