We impact the future vehicles in diverse fields by developing cutting edge technologies.
Within GM Israel, over 800 people working in a hybrid flexible mode on one of the most exciting challenges of our days.
GM’s digital transformation is supported by industry leading streaming data analytics, data science, artificial intelligence, and machine learning capabilities, creating significant revenue generating and internal efficiencies.
As a IT Principal Service Reliability Engineer you will join a team of highly skilled DevOps platform and application experts, responsible for providing the GM data science and analytics communities with world-class platform technologies, based primarily on leading open source platforms and tools.
What will you do?
- As a Software Factory Platform Engineer and Automation Specialist you will be responsible for architecting, developing, and deploying these leading, multi-tenant scale leading platform capabilities, used across the entire GM organization.
- Design, test, and deployment of new platform capabilities as needed to augment the capabilities of existing enterprise and open-sourced solutions to support DevOps platform hardware, software and monitoring
- Design support and deploy the necessary infrastructure and automation to ensure reliable and consistent deployment of platform capabilities using an infrastructure-as-code orientation in a progress
- Work in Agile team environment
- Participation in various global project communities to support issue identification, resolution and research. This includes selective contributor participation in certain open source projects.
- Periodically evaluate and optimize performance and platform throughput
- Identification, diagnosis and resolution of platform reliability issues and concerns through implementation of configuration changes, automated solutions, and code changes.
- Collaboration with key platform stakeholders to translate their capability needs into technical requirements, code and deployed solutions.
If you don’t meet 100% of the requirements below - that’s ok!
We believe in hiring by potential, on the job training and development, so, If you find the position exciting and think you can contribute and evolve,
Please continue the application! We promise to consider your application even if you are missing a skill or two :-)
What are we looking for:
- Master’s degree in computer science or equivalent technical educational or professional certifications
- Over 7 year experience in IT Infrastructure, IT Architecture, DevOps, clouding
- Experience with Linux-based operating systems administration, Automation tools and Cloud services
- Experience with Networking, Network Security, DNS, Identity management, Virtualization
- Experience with software defined technologies (storage, networking) and automation/ infrastructure as code implementations
- Familiarity with open source monitoring tools and technologies such as Prometheus and Grafana
- Understanding of big data programming paradigms such as HIVE, Spark, Python, Java, HDFS, YARN, Kafka, GO, cloud native application development, etc.
- Possesses a positive “can do” orientation including the ability to work in a fast paced, highly collaborative team environment
It's an advantage if you have:
- BASH, Shell scripting, PERL and similar capabilities
- Familiarity with Chef, Puppet, Ansible or similar enterprise class platform and infrastructure automation tools
- Competence in software engineering tools and best practices
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.