Do you want to be an influential part of sustaining and improving the build quality of General Motor's luxury sports car? General Motors Bowling Green Kentucky is home of the Chevrolet Corvette! We are in a fast-growing community and naturally, the entire city is proud of the sport's cars long heritage. Come join us on our mission to achieve zero congestion, zero emissions, and zero crashes!
The AVT/ DVT Coordinator is a single-point plant contact working directly with the assembly plant, and indirectly for the Assembly Verification Group (AVG). The role requires thorough understanding of vehicle electronics, vehicle diagnostics, and test equipment computer systems and software. The role requires the skills relevant to diagnosis of vehicle-level/AVG test failures and assigning failure/defect ownership. Coordination/participation in problem solving activities (with proper documentation) with the responsible business units (Quality/Manufacturing/Product Engineering/Manufacturing Engineering) is a core function of this role.
- Be a member of the Production Electrical Team - an integrated, technical organization consisting of members from Manufacturing, Quality, Supplier Quality and Product Development organizations focused on problem solving the plant’s top external and internal quality problems.
- Support Electrical First Time Quality > 90.5 and Measurement Point B (MPB) target of 99.5%.
- Provide documentation to and work with Quality, Manufacturing, Product Engineering, and AVG as required to establish containment plans and drive issues to closure.
- Maintain test software (such as NGFTT/GBFTT/VAST/DVT) and parameters as released by AVG.
- Use systems (such as MERS and GSIP) to correlate DVT failures to warranty reports and JD Power/Compass data.
- Identify and establish statistical controls to reduce product variation and identify WOW vehicles.
- Maintain SME-level proficiency in vehicle electrical architectures and the diagnostic processes used to troubleshoot vehicles within the plant environment, using Red-X and other statistical problem-solving methods when possible.
- Coordinate AVG equipment usage and understand electrical hardware, software, calibration parts usages. Understand the scope of product changes from engineering changes and coordinate Production Trial Runs.
- Complete required training at various sites around GM and suppliers.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Data Sciences, or related) or technical certification
- 1-3 years of of related experience within a Manufacturing environment
- Thorough understanding of vehicle electronics, vehicle diagnostics, and test equipment.
- Understanding of computer systems and software
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.