The V2X group in GM Energy is developing innovative solutions that further enable EVs, Energy Storage, DER assets and accelerate sustainability goals for customers and communities. We are fast growing and building a high-performance team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry. The V2X Platform Program Manager will work closely with product owners, define platform product strategy & vision. You will be part of the team creating the digital platform that will host, create, and enable the suite of V2X products and integrated energy asset capabilities that will allow GM Energy to maximize the value and resilience benefits of its EVs and other energy assets.
- Responsible for high bandwidth, high EQ interlocution between engineering, development and marketing/sales.
- Define, own and execute product/program strategy, roadmap for platform.
- Develops platform capabilities, feature roadmaps based on key market trends, competitive landscape, and customer insights.
- Maintain knowledge of product/application landscape, trends, and features; act as a center of excellence for V2X with other stakeholders.
- Support the development of system, component, and sub-component specifications for the various V2X solutions including functional, performance, safety, and compliance requirements .
- Collaborate in a team environment and/or take charge of opportunities to develop optimal solutions for customers and development activities.
- Work with regional teams to collect feedback/product improvement suggestions, supervise market sentiment/industry trends, and review reporting to identify areas of opportunity relative to overall roadmap for inclusion in product portfolio discussions.
- Help prioritize product backlogs by representing needs/timing to ensure we’re delivering the most valuable features to market in required time frames.
- Work with cross-functional team members to ensure feature readiness for PI planning events, and articulate the feature/capability business value & OKRs (objectives & key results) for the team.
- Participate in testing & validation of products; participate in demos/reviews related to product features as vital and build plans to implement improvements.
- Help coordinate efforts to launch products in-market, working with marketing and go-to-market teams, and supporting/prepping marketing content as needed.
- Success owning program/product management responsibilities for cloud platforms and solutions.
- Experience as a Scrum Master managing multiple teams.
- Background in defining, developing and deploying energy solutions on the platforms.
- Experiences in DevOps/CICD or Agile methodologies to iterate efficiently through projects or feature builds.
- Experience in EV Managed Charging, energy markets, V2G, V2H, DER’s, Virtual Power Plan (VPP), Aggregation.
- Demonstrated a high level of strategic agility and desire to work in a complex and evolving environment and an innovation mindset.
- Experience detailing product requirements or leading products in the digital domain.
- 7+ years of experience in digital project/product management or proven experience.
- 4+ years of Scrum Master expertise.
- Strong proficiency in digital media/platforms.
- Self-starting personality with the ability to think strategically, problem solve and develop creative solutions.
- Occasional travel, including some weekends.
- Ability to occasionally work irregular hours.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Computer Engineering/Science, or Equivalent Experience. MBA preferred.
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM) preferred.
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis with some travel to customer and team meetings.
- The expected base compensation for this role is: $124,500 - $190,692 USD Annual
- Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
#coolV2Xjobs #LI-Remote #GM-Remote
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.