At BrightDrop, we are reshaping e-commerce by developing smarter, greener, and more efficient ways to deliver goods and services to your door, while delivering a brighter future for the cities where we live. We are building an ecosystem of all-electric, zero-emissions delivery solutions – from electric vehicles to our last mile delivery solutions and software that leverages real-time data to drive intelligent optimizations for e-commerce. To deliver on our mission we are growing fast and building a team, based in Palo Alto, with offices in Atlanta and Detroit, that is customer-focused, agile and passionate about innovating for a more sustainable future.
Backed by General Motors, BrightDrop is striving to improve the communities where we live and deliver a better future for generations to come. We hope you’ll join us.
As a SAP CPI developer you will be responsible for designing, delivering and supporting integrations via our SAP BTP/CPI Cloud that connect our SAP S/4 Hana Cloud with our other cloud applications, with GM’s on-premise applications and with our external parties leveraging a multitude of technologies, such as EDI. This is a hands-on development role.
In this team we need your best creative thinking to create a product experience you are proud of. Come join us and let’s innovate!
Responsible for analyzing, designing, developing and testing process flows (inbound and outbound) to/from the cloud to On Premise systems and Cloud instances of SAP Products using SAP middleware like SAP CPI.
- Responsible for providing support to resolve the incidents in production environment related to integration.
- Provide directional oversight and mentor junior team members (includes the team members from our Professional service partners) on integration development projects/tasks.
- Participate in solution architecting to ensure that application designs utilize the appropriate integration patterns and standards. Develop and promote technical design standards, best practices, guidelines, and procedures.
- Actively participate in end-to-end project activities to ensure the team delivers effective business systems solutions
- Proactively recommend architectural improvements to improve performance and minimize incidents in production which impacts end-user experience, data integrity, or overall end-to-end system functionality.
- Coordinate extensively with business users, functional and cross-functional team members, developers, integration resources.
- Collaborate with the team to drive innovation, share knowledge, and support each other.
- At least undergrad Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or another related field
- Has 3-5 or more years of experience in development and support projects related to integrations which had SAP CPI as the middleware.
- Has at least 1-2 years of hands-on experience in developing interfaces related to EDI transactions – such as 850, 855, 856, 810, 997, 940 etc.
- Has at least 1 year of experience in support or support based projects which have business integrations.
- Has experience integrating interfaces with third-party APIs and good understanding of API’s used in SAP-CPI such as REST, SOAP, oData API’s.
- Has experience working with microservices based architecture.
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies and releasing a shippable product every 2 weeks.
- Has skills such as problem solving, being proactive and good communications working with remote offshore teams.
- Has led small teams (of size 2+) in projects from inception to delivery.
- Experience in the automotive industry is a plus.
The expected base compensation for this role is: ($113,960 - $ 172,630 USD Annual). Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position.
Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.