Job Description Summary
We are looking for a Market Research Analyst for GM Premium Import. He/she plays a critical role getting customers’ feedback and providing vital information to planning, marketing, sales, customer care, aftersales, and other departments within GM.
- The Market Research Analyst should have the ability to translate consumer research information into definite action plans for the company, and present key findings to local and regional leadership. Ideally, he/she should be familiar with the automotive industry from an analysis point of view, with a keen understanding of the China consumer landscape. A technical understanding of research, both qualitative and quantitative methodologies, is required.
- His/her main responsibilities will be working with Global research agencies to design, implement, monitor and gather insights from consumer research in China, and then effectively communicating customer feedback to local, regional, and global cross-functional stakeholders to drive improved business results.
- Be able to plan, execute projects timely with flexibility, and under pressure, under a collaborative, challenging, cross-team environment.
- Regular research studies include CX researches, online-panel research, brand health, messaging research, buyer behavior studies, satisfaction studies, communication research, consumer insights research and ad hoc research as required.
- He/she is the liaison between GM’s Global Market Research group and GM China. This includes adhering to global methodologies, while listening to local stakeholder needs and balancing requirements.
- Bachelor or above degree in English, Business, Statistics, or Sociology is preferred.
- Good knowledge about auto industry, with 3+ years’ experience in cross functional teamwork or data analytical roles in market research/ customer experience research. Proficient in statistical concepts and applications is a plus.
- Familiar with methodologies for research design, both qualitative and quantitative (i.e: questionnaire design, focus group moderation/in-person interview research design, data analytics)
- Excellent English and Chinese communication, both speaking and writing, and proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivation, Quick learner with excellent interpersonal skills for cross-functional collaborations.
- Strong critical thinking and analytical skills, especially the ability to synthesize large amounts of data involving multiple variables into comprehensive, yet concise, actionable insights.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.