In our pursuit to create a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion, GM’s global manufacturing engineering team is challenging the limits on what is possible and embracing agility as it reimagines how to build the next generation of vehicles. Our diverse team of manufacturing engineers play a crucial role in transforming our facilities through implementing the adoption of ground-breaking technologies. From raw sheet metal to final assembly, this team is reinventing the tools and processes that will enable GM to deliver on our promise to create an all-electric future.
The automotive industry is likely to change more in the next 5 years than it has in the last 50, and we are at the heart of that change. Our team is responsible for the installation, debug, and launch of the manufacturing systems producing batteries to power the automobiles of tomorrow. If you are innovative, creative, enjoy working with the latest technologies, and thrive in a fast-paced, team-orientated environment, here is your chance to make a career of it.
Responsible to lead battery execution engineering for the installation and debug of battery assembly equipment for electric truck programs. The senior execution engineer will be responsible for coordinating the installation, debug, and PPAP of equipment. In this role, the candidate will work closely with the process engineers, construction team, local safety, focus factory engineers, and the launch team to coordinate the installation, debug, runoff, PPAP, and launch deliverables completion for this program at Factory ZERO (DHAM).
- Work will involve leading day to day activities of a team of engineers including setting objectives, running results, evaluating/coaching individual performance and mentoring less experienced execution engineers.
- Follow, train, and carry out standardized processes as defined in PoME for program execution
- Update area of responsibility and participate in the Launch wall meetings
- Support OEM equipment runoff at supplier floor
- Safety Contract Management of OEMs
- Establishes equipment installation board and review weekly/daily with OEM and contractors
- Supports plant floor equipment installation, tracking and countermeasures
- Submit spending forecasts and track to plan
- Completes plant floor debug and runoff
- Develop plan & conduct equipment validation and PPAP with the Launch team
- Develop and lead the PPAP review meetings using the PPAP checklist, capturing exceptions
- Lead the lessons learned gathering activity and feedback the information to the central process team for BOE/BOP updates
- Lead the closure of all ME open issues for Launch Deliverable
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 7+ years of manufacturing and/or engineering industry experience
- Work Experience in one or more specific technical areas: Manufacturing Project Management/Execution
- Experience in troubleshooting equipment
- Automotive launch experience is helpful
This position is not eligible for ISP, ITAP, or localizations.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.