- Technical expert for the development of formation and test strategies including development and implementation of new equipment and test protocols
- Develop and maintain relationships with Ultium partners and support the Ultium joint venture
- Work with equipment suppliers on design and build of formation and test equipment
- Optimization of cell manufacturing line layout for formation and test processes
- Support construction teams with specifications on building and facility requirements for formation and test processes.
- Support implementation of GM safety specifications and equipment safety reviews
- Develop test strategies for implementation of next generation battery cell technology
- Interface with leadership and support development of battery cell manufacturing strategies
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical or Chemical Engineering or Physics or equivalent experience
- Experience in design of formation and test equipment used in battery cell manufacturing lines
- Deep knowledge of test and formation protocols used for battery cell manufacturing
- 3+ years experience in the specification, procurement and commissioning of equipment for battery cell programs
- Experience with installation, debug and start up of high volume test and formation equipment.
- Strong knowledge of lean manufacturing approaches and tools
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate effectively with senior leadership
- Warren MI
- Approximately 35% travel to plants in Spring Hill, TN, Lordstown, OH, and Lansing, M
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.