Customer Care and Aftersales – Warehouse Operator – Full Time
Warehouse Team Members are hardworking and ambitious workers who are responsible for picking, packaging, staging, and shipping parts from a General Motors LLC warehouse containing automotive parts. Team members are also loading, unloading, stocking, and maintaining the warehouse inventory. Each team member operates within a warehouse team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
- Starting wage is $17.00 per hour. Eligible for holiday pay, vacation, opportunity for performance bonus, and excellent healthcare.
Must be able to perform each duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below represent the essential knowledge, skill, ability and/or physical demands required. Additional or different requirements may exist in this role.
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and contribute to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Use and operate warehouse equipment such as order selector, sit down/stand up forklifts in connection with the receipt, storage, and shipping of parts. These vehicles could operate at heights of up to 35 feet.
- Perform a variety of duties, including:
- Package finished product for shipping (shrink wrapping, boxing, and labeling).
- Stage parts of loading.
- Load finished products onto truck and/or railcar.
- Move parts to warehouse for storage.
- Sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence.
- Read, comprehend, and follow written, standardized work instructions and trained procedures.
- Work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
- Learn new tasks and adapt to frequent job duty changes as required by business and manpower demands.
- Complete tasks within designated timeframes to meet operational expectations.
- Work in a dynamic and fast-paced warehousing plant environment.
- Regularly report for work on time to support startup and throughput goals.
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Specific physical requirements of the position include the ability to:
- Walk and stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Read standardized work instructions, operate machines, equipment, and tools, and perform quality checks.
- Promptly detect and respond to safety instructions, alarms, and signals.
- Wear personal protective equipment, for example: safety glasses, gloves, ear plugs, and appropriate shoes.
- Work in a loud warehousing environment.
- Frequently and repetitively:
- Bend, twist, kneel, crouch and reach to perform work.
- Lift or carry materials weighing up to 15 pounds and periodically carry or lift materials weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Occasionally sit, climb stairs, and drive vehicles and equipment.
- These are permanent positions working as a direct employee of General Motors LLC
- Candidates must be willing to work 2nd shift ( 3:00pm-11:30pm)
- 5% shift premium is standard
- Overtime hours on those shifts are common and may be available with little notice.
- Weekend and holiday shifts are regularly expected, but not continuously
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications :
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include drug testing and a background check
- A pre-employment drug screen is required. Drug screen panel does not include THC. No interview is required.
- At least 18 years of age
- Eligible to work in the United States
- Proficiency to listen, read, and follow work and safety instructions
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.