About the Position:
The ideal candidate for the Customer Centric Data Scientist – CX & Mobility Ecosystem, Europe position embodies GM’s Behaviors and is driven to create industry defining experiences for our customers and charting the course to be a global CX leader.
This role will build and take advantage of the Customer Data Platform (CDP) for GM Europe`s multi-faceted ecosystem, consisting of direct-to-consumer products, services, and partner-managed experiences. GM Europe is looking for a passionate individual to collaborate on the design, development, deployment and use for analytics purposes of a Customer Data Platform that delivers consistent, continuous, and compelling omnichannel experiences across customer touchpoints and channels — all while accelerating business growth.
This position requires someone who is proactive, a fast learner and always thinks customer-first. The candidate thrives when building data science, data analytics and visual solutions from its conceptualization, evolving and enhancing them and ensuring they are used at their highest capacity. They enjoy identifying the relevant data needed for each business case and collaborate in their ingestion, process, and usage to build advanced analytics, deep dive analysis and visual solutions. Their deliveries will enable GM Europe business decision making to ensure their customers have the best experience across channels and touch points while supporting the GM Europe´s growth.
Key Leadership Requirements:
- Customer-Mindset: Ability to create a customer-centric mindset and make it a fabric of our DNA.
- Outcome-Oriented: Ability to clearly articulate desired outcome(s). Possess ability to assess complex situations quickly, assess risks and be decisive
- Team Building: Possess strong partnership skills with a history of collaborating across organizational boundaries
- Contribution to the design of solutions using modern cloud technologies, design principles, integration points, and automation methods, to create unified customer 360 profiles based on both anonymous and known data from various sources. Empowering non-technical stakeholders to explore, visualize, segment customers, and create audiences for inbound and outbound communications
- Build data solutions to enable Journey Orchestration, Personalization, Customer Analytics (Deep dive Analysis and Advanced analytics models such as segmentation, propensity models, CLV, next best action/offer recommender, etc.) and visual solutions to deliver CDP capabilities that are both insights and engagement driven
- Contribution to ingest and process data from several technology platform (3rd party and GM internal sources), with seamless integrations and APIs, securing a CDP data model that fits with GM data systems and follows the GDPR guidelines across the EU region, and can easily adapt to future privacy regulations
- Work in close collaboration with the other members of the Customer Data Platform team, CX broader team (Strategy, Design and Digital Product) as well as, Marketing, Customer Care & Aftersales and Strategy, Product & Operations teams
- Strong data science background. MS degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Data Science, Data Mining, or another quantitative field. PhD preferred.
- Minimum of 5+ years of Direct to Customer business experience
- 3+ years defining, building, and operationalizing customer centric machine learning, deep learning models and visual solutions, as well as performing deep dive analysis
- 3+ of Advanced knowledge and hands on experience in SQL, Python, Big Data platforms (Hadoop/Databricks), Apache Spark and Data visualization tools (Tableau/ Power BI/ Qlik Sense)
- An open minded and proactive spirit to drive improvements to both customer experience and business outcomes
- Business transformation experience contributing to the design and implementation of new seamless Omnichannel programs using best of class (digital) tools
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.