Summer Vacation Temporary Role
Our summertime opportunity has a potential start date in June 2023 and is scheduled to end the first week of September 2023. This is a great opportunity to be a part of GM's all electric future. Our summertime production position is great for anyone 18 or over interested in supply chain, operations, manufacturing, technology, or someone seeking stable employment for the summer. There may be an opportunity for long term employment if business permits.
Production team members are responsible for assembly, machining, quality checks, tool changes, and problems solving of manufacturing processes and equipment.
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan includes the following benefits:
- Paid and non-paid time off is granted after working (120) days
- Paid holidays after 90 days worked
- Healthcare after 90 days of active employment
- GM employee pricing discount authorizations available annually.
- Part-time temporary employees will be considered for full-time temporary employee positions based on length of service
- Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and supply to a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority.
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements. Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions. Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
- First responder support of production machining and/or assembly environment. This entails use of computerized equipment and activities to include machine resets, quality and utilizing standardized work instructions.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and perform tasks on all equipment in assigned workspace.
- Perform predictive, preventive and reactive maintenance activities
- Must be able to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals
- Possess good physical stamina and coordination. Could be required to stand and/or walk for long periods daily while frequently bending, twisting, reaching and periodically lifting up to 40 lbs.
Work requirements include:
- These are temporary positions working as a direct employee of General Motors.
- Current openings are full-time positions.
- Candidates must be willing and able to work any shift (1st or 2nd, and potentially 3rd in the future).
- Overtime hours are common and may be available with little notice.
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical schedule.
- Starting wage is $16.67 per hour. Holiday pay and health care options after 90 days.
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include drug testing, and a background check .
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in the United States.
- Must be willing to work flexible shift hours and day, afternoon, or night shift as well as overtime hours on those shifts with little notice.
GM DOES NOT PROVIDE IMMIGRATION-RELATED SPONSORSHIP FOR THIS ROLE. DO NOT APPLY FOR THIS ROLE IF YOU NEED OR WILL NEED GM IMMIGRATION SPONSORSHIP TO WORK OR TO REMAIN EMPLOYED AT GM (e.g., H-1B, TN, STEM OPT, etc.).
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.