We are seeking a highly skilled Senior Cloud Computing Architect to join General Motors China. As a Cloud Computing Architect, you will be responsible for designing and implementing cloud-based solutions and strategies. You will be involved in all aspects of the solution lifecycle, from initial business analysis to solution design, implementation, and review. You will also work with our global cloud computing and infrastructure teams extensively to align our strategies and solutions that are benefit not only China, but GM globally.
- Collaborate with business teams to understand their business needs and requirements
- Collaborate with GM Global IT teams to design and align solution development
- Design and implement cloud-based solutions to meet GM business needs, utilizing cutting-edge cloud computing technologies
- Develop architecture blueprints and roadmaps for GM China cloud solution and GM Global alike
- Work with closely with project teams to ensure that the solution is implemented as designed
- Deeply knowledge and experience in Microsoft Azure Cloud architecture, tools, technologies, and platforms
- Work with GM Global Cloud teams on defining and developing cloud-based Repos, CI/CD tools, pipelines, and automation
- Identify and troubleshoot technical issues and provide solutions to ensure optimal performance of the cloud environment
- Review GM China cloud plan, budget, cost, and performance/operation metrics, making sure China cloud environment is running at optimal to support the business
- Provide guidance and experience to team members and stakeholders regarding cloud technologies, and its benefits and weakness
- Identify and capitalize on improvement opportunities efficiently.
- Communicate ideas and viewpoints on various opportunities to the senior management
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in cloud computing and related technologies and share them with teams and business users
- Review and discuss with GM global teams on GM Global cloud solutions and strategies with a global vision in mind
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Math, or a related field
- At least 5 years of hands-on experience in cloud computing space, including prototype build, PoC implementation, and solution design and implementation. Among them, prefer to have at least 3 years Azure hands-on experience and knowledge
- Strong knowledge and experience in designing highly scalable, fault-tolerant, and secured cloud solutions and architecture, especially Microservice architecture
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud related technologies such as containers, Kubernetes, serverless.
- Strong knowledge and experience in cloud DevOps, especially in CI/CD pipelines and tools
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills with proficiency in English, and the ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong cybersecurity, data safety, and personal safety in mind and commitment
Skills and Abilities:
- Certification in a major cloud platform, especially prefer Azure certificate
- Experience in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud architecture and solutions
If you are an experienced Cloud Computing Architect with a passion and integrity for designing and implementing innovative cloud-based solutions, we encourage you to apply for this very exciting opportunity.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.