- Integrate engineering, performance, and manufacturing criteria to ensure it produces a viable design space that provides the Studio with reasonable bandwidth for styling purposes
- Identify technical problems and develop engineering solutions related to vehicle proportions and Design intent
- Responsible for provision of engineering / criteria information towards the completion of properties, armatures, seating bucks and Mockup activities to drive and demonstrate decisions
- Communicate program engineering status and drive decisions.
- Escalate key issues to ensure a quality design is executed.
- Facilitate, and lead meetings
- Prioritize work based on organizational and program needs.
- Hire, develop, mentor, and assess employee’s performance
- Model and foster desired core values and behaviors
- Continually look for new and better ways of achieving expected results
- Working knowledge of Studio Engineering, vehicle packaging, architecture, and integration
- Design and develop solutions to complex problems (Requires NX Capability)
- Working NX and VIS Mockup experience
- Knowledge of global competitive vehicle landscape.
- Ability to work effectively with global partners, across staffs / regions without the benefit of a formal report structure
- Experience in leading people and projects
- Ability to identify and remove roadblocks
- Create and maintain an environment that enables all participants to contribute to full potential
- Ability to provide reinforcing, developmental and corrective feedback as appropriate to employees informally throughout the year, and formally via the CAP system
- Experience working with the Design Studio and Engineering (SMTs)
- Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- DFSS Certification - Black Belt
- 10 years of experience working in a related area of work
- Master of Science Degree in Engineering
- Design Center (Studio) and AVD Experience
- Experience leading cross-functional integration – driving the organization to achieve the optimum package for the customer while also enabling the studio theme
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.