GMCH Rochester is seeking an experienced controls and automation engineer. The ME Center team is responsible for process controls development and execution of new manufacturing systems for new and existing products at the Rochester NY facility. Responsibilities include.
- Develop specifications for new equipment projects in coordination with Mechanical Execution Engineers.
- Procure/launch new and major programs for controls engineering. Manage vendors to meet required cost and timing targets.
- Stay abreast of new automation controls technology. Support deployment of best common systems and methods
- Support deployment of new technology to minimize risks
- Participate in PFMEA and Process Control Plan Development Teams; Support the development and execution of required error proofing
- Participate in safety g-Risk activities with cross functional groups. Responsible for execution of safety systems to meet all applicable standards.
- Lead approval of controls drawings. Ensure spare parts availability for new equipment.
- Support machine qualification activities at vendor sites, including verification of all required safety and quality control circuits.
- Coordinate and supervise machine installation as required in conjunction with plant engineering and contractors.
- Support & actively interact with manufacturing operations group once equipment is installed.
- Diagnose and correct issues in manufacturing processes
- Continuously improve quality, cost, responsiveness & safety
- 5+ years industry experience as an automation controls engineer
- Technical knowledge and ability in process engineering disciplines
- Allen Bradley / Rockwell Automation control platform experience
- Relevant auto industry and/or high volume manufacturing experience
- Ethernet network experience
- Fanuc Robot programming experience
- Machine Vision system experience (Cognex, Keyence)
- Experience in areas specific to Rochester site – High Volume assembly, laser and plastic friction welding processes, injection molding, vision inspection, leak testing
- SCADA experience – Microsoft SQL / Rockwell FactoryTalk Transaction Manager
Education and Training
- BS Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience is required
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.