The Controls Engineer will analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in manufacturing. Ability to work autonomously and in team environment with occasional guidance from supervision.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and diagnose electrical problems in manufacturing operation.
- Design and modify electrical control circuits and programs
- Perform a wide range of engineering tasks on CNC equipment / robots using engineering software and hardware.
- Lead technical problem solving / work with cross functional team to drive continuous improvement in our manufacturing process.
- Implement new technology as required to improve our manufacturing processes.
- Highly developed oral & written communication skills.
- High level of interpersonal skills with sensitivity to other's points of view
- Make contributions to the resolution of complex manufacturing problems
- Support and/or train skilled electricians
- Maintain electrical equipment
- Supervise project installations by contractors and plant electricians
- Develop and plan electrical projects
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering degree from an accredited school or equivalent technical experience
- 0-2 years of electrical engineering experience
- Knowledge of applicable codes related to electronic engineering
- Proficient in design and calculation software
- Must be willing to work any shift
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.