I.Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize, Build, simulate, and optimize the process models using Plant Simulation and C-Draw simulation Software.
- Understand process flows, analyze data, and effectively represent in simulation model to achieve better interrelationship and process improvement.
- Lead and coordinate simulation and Planning efforts between teams to develop optimal solutions for the designed concept or current process.
- Deliver results according to project schedules and quality.
- Provide results to leadership and coordination between internal departments and Plants for multiple sites.
- Develop design solutions to provide best process flow to improve the throughput of the facilities.
- Inspect facilities in accordance with corporate standards and procedures.
- Perform self-check as per the process and submit the proposal of changes.
- Update all the project tracking sheets.
- Update timesheets on a daily basis
- Provide training to new engineers.
- Additional responsibilities specific to SME(Subject Matter Expertise) roles are listed below.
- Act as coach/mentor/Goto person for the business unit for questions and problems within his/her area of expertise.
- Support functional leader in developing strategies related to project executions, workshare.
skill-gap closure plans, assessment tools
- Support in GMS implementations within function
- Support in defining performance objectives, defining acceptable performance levels & project tracking.
- Guide to resolve issues relevant to project deliverables within their area of expertise.
- Obtain or provide approval/guidance for changes to processes and practices within their area of expertise (Through Global council meetings, if necessary) .
- Facilitate and lead in appropriate initiatives/projects as needed.
- Knowledge about functionality of Throughput Simulation Softwares (Plant Simulation/Anylogic/Automod, FactoryCAD/FLOW, FlowPlanner). AutoCAD, MS Visio, MS office tools
- Ability to code logic(simtalk2) of simulation model
- Ability/Experience modeling warehouse/material traffic and logistics
- Knowledge about workflow and processes in Body, Paint, GA, and GPS
- Knowledge about throughput behaviors and production systems
- Knowledge about Lean Manufacturing Strategy (ex. GMS, TOC)
- Ability to address unusual and/or difficult problems with analytical ability and problem solving techniques.
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles, layout design and Material flow and layouts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with other departments.
- Excellent research-ability of multiple information and data sources
- Ability to adapt to changes, different roles, or environments.
- Willing to Travel
- Required flexibility in working hours. Due to global business requirements
- Extended hours required as part of job requirements.
- Excellent Communication (verbal & written) and meeting facilitation skills.
- Communication skills, Interpretation skills, Presentation Skills,
- High level of interpersonal, oral and written communication skills-ability to interact with all levels of the organization. (Required).
- High level of analytical ability and problem-solving skills (Required).
- Demonstrated ability to work well with multiple customers at the same time (Required)
- Ability to travel is required.
B.E / B.Tech (Mechanical / Production / Industrial / Automobile)
- 10-15yrs in Automobile / Mechanical allied Engineering Industry (Required).
- Experience in Throughput Simulation Analysis for manufacturing systems.
- Working knowledge of Industrial Engineering including Vehicle Development Process, Global Manufacturing Systems, Bill Of Process (BoP), Bill of E quipments (BoE), Vehicle assembly process in automotive plant (Body / Paint / GA)
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.