The Manufacturing Cybersecurity and Network Execution Resident Engineer leads the plant to “Get Secure and Stay Secure” under the Manufacturing Engineering Cybersecurity Program. In addition, with and supporting the plant in achieving all cybersecurity metrics, thereby, protecting the plant floor systems from being compromised or vulnerable to cyber threats. The primary responsibility is the implementation of Cybersecurity policies, best practices and standardized solutions developed under the program for manufacturing cybersecurity along with maintaining and supporting plant floor network and systems. This position is ongoing, challenging, and rewarding role along with being instrumental in making the GM manufacturing cybersecurity program a success. (He or She) would need to be well versed in manufacturing automation technologies being capable of working independently and is self-driven with remote supervision. Collaboration and teamwork are required with other Cybersecurity Resident Engineers along with the Cybersecurity Development team to enable continuity on a global scale.
- Implement cybersecurity controls and solutions developed under the manufacturing cybersecurity program.
- Single point of contact, for the plant manufacturing team, for cybersecurity and Industrial Ethernet Controls Network (IECN) network issues
- Drives cybersecurity and network issues upstream for resolution.
- Utilizes the plant IT reporting systems (Cylance, Qualys, and Chainsaw) to identify, communicate and fix endpoint security issues.
- Maintains asset inventory of all manufacturing networked assets in the plant.
- Communicates and supports vulnerabilities remediation activities of IECN devices in the plant.
- Engage central ME cybersecurity in assessing and reviewing newly proposed solutions or new applications at the plant.
- Ensure Proper Usage of E-tools used to configure, troubleshoot and audit IECN networks.
- Support user acceptance test activities for connecting IECN switches and devices to the plant networks.
- Supports launch and post launch steady state cybersecurity assessments.
- Attends global manufacturing cybersecurity meetings for awareness and lesson learned sharing.
- Supports Plant Safety, People, Quality, Responsiveness, Cost, and Environmental metrics.
- Documents lessons learned for improvements.
- Provide inputs to central team and maintain STS/TIS for the plant IECN Ethernet troubleshooting
- 5+ years of experience combined in Vehicle/Powertrain manufacturing operations or engineering.
- 5+ years of experience in industrial controls systems (ICS)
- Knowledge of GM controls standards such as GCCH, GCCS, GCCB, PFCN / IECN and Plant Floor
- Hands on experience with Ethernet IP with Hirschmann and or Cisco switch hardware along with various industrial field bus communication networks like Device Net, Profibus etc. and PLC Programming
- Advance interpersonal and communication skills to collaborate in a cross functional team
- Familiarity with Network and Computer Communications Standards
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Advanced English
- Cisco certified in CCNA, CCNP, or CCSP is a plus.
- Automotive Manufacturing Launch Leadership experience (GA, Body, Paint, GPS)
- Lean Manufacturing Launch Systems (Andon, GPMC, Quality Systems, UD&C)
- Engineering bachelor’s degree, Electrical/Electronics/Computer Engineering.
- Working level understanding of information cybersecurity.
Diversity and inclusion are our strengths. We respect and value what each individual contribution to our team, including their origin, education, sex, race, ethnic group, sexual orientation, gender expression and / or identity, religious context, age, generation, and disability. We believe that our ability to meet the needs and expectations of an increasingly diverse and global customer base is closely linked to the diversity and inclusion that we experience within General Motors.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.