In Spring Hill, our Manufacturing Engineers are responsible for developing manufacturing and assembly processes, equipment and tooling alternatives, and sequence and flow of operations for the effective utilization of personnel, material, machines, and facilities, necessary to produce components. Work is performed in a machining and assembly plant environment where a considerable amount of creativity and initiative is exercised as well as a high level of independent judgment.
- Process definition for manufacturing and assembly processes
- Sequencing of operations
- Human factors - Ergo considerations
- Efficient material flow
- Continuous improvement of equipment, tooling and gauging
- Support improvements through participating in the TIP process
- Support Business Plan Deployment (BPD) teams and coordinating engineering activities to achieve Business Plan objectives
- Troubleshooting equipment and processes by analyzing production results and data for root cause analysis
- Provide technical direction to and oversight of outside vendor sources
- Provide technical direction to maintenance and operations
- Development and testing of advanced process technology
- Extensive knowledge and experience in process engineering principles and disciplines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, to build relationships with others, to work together to solve problems
- Ability to manage multiple and complex projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Strong Initiative: Example of this is reaching beyond work assigned to improve output and/or help others
- Knowledge and understanding of PFMEAs and Control Plans
- Experience with AutoCAD and part/machine prints
- Experience in using TeamCenter and Part Finder drawing management systems
- Experience in using Maximo maintenance management system
- Knowledge of Crankshaft grinding and polishing
- Knowledge of Cylinder Block honing
- Experience with engine test system ie., cam phasing, oil and ignition systems, etc.
- CMM and other gauging systems
- Strong understanding of statistical methods as applied to process control
- Knowledge and understanding of Quality Systems and Gauging Methods
- Experience with Engine Component Machining and/or Assembly processes:
- CNC machining centers
- Leak test processes and instrumentation
- Precision cutting tools, ie. PCD, carbide, CBN, etc and required set-ups
- Auto and manual Engine Assembly processes and part feeding systems
- Auto and manual fastening equipment and torque control processes
This position will require flexible hours, overtime, off-shift production support, and on-call support at times
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.