DescriptionMAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: - You will effectively run a team of training managers to ensure high-impact dealer learning solutions - You will lead in-dealership product trainer activities to impact performance results - You will handle training solutions development in support of precise product launches - You will ensure collaboration with internal partners - You will build positive relationships and get results across vendor partners and brand / retail channels - You will guide teams from varying business units through development of training deliverables - You will assist in planning of both short and long term strategic training objectives - You will translate brand retail priorities into effective learning solutions and adoption - You will see opportunities for continuous improvement - You will evaluate vendor performance and improvements - You will plan and execute annual budget - You will stay current on company-wide and industry standard methodologies/trends in learning solutions; cultivating and communicating these out to the business SKILLS / EXPERIENCE - You have experience developing training program strategy and ensuring tactical executions - You have knowledge of adult learning principles and application of learning - You have experience with blended learning solutions targeted at large, diverse audiences - You have a high-level of interpersonal and organizational skills to lead complementary teams towards common goals - You have a strong conceptual and strategic experience (interpret complex concepts and systems, and express them in simple ways) - You are a hardworking, self-starter - You currently or previously have developed enterprise-wide training program (including curriculum, dynamic training plans) - You have strong analytic skills - You are a premier presenter, with written and oral communication experience at all levels within the company - You are capable of multi-tasking in a fast paced environment PREFERRED EDUCATIONAL EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS: - Bachelor’s degree in learning, business, marketing, communications or closely related areas - 4-6 years of effective project or program management, including overseeing vendor delivery and execution - Flexible with travel - Familiarity with GM programs and auto business/industry
Purpose for this role :
Develop and implement key talent programs, organizational projects and culture initiatives to support people and organizational growth and ultimately enable them to achieve high performance in a meaningful and effective way
- Partner with people managers, listen to and connect with our employees to understand business needs for people growth opportunities
- Create learning paths for different levels and their development stages to make learning easier, relevant, continuously and at the point of need
- Implement core development programs and key talent initiatives to switch on active growth mindset, cultivate life-long learning culture and make learning embedded in the way we work
- Uplift the organization’s competence on agile and innovative way of working to support culture transformation. Define, develop and engage a pool of scrum masters for agile projects
- Constantly explore market practice and apply technologies, modern learning methods to transform the way we support organizational development
- Closely work with global talent development CoE and collaborate with other regions to introduce advanced people and organizational development strategies & programs
- Work with stakeholders to collect feedback for continuous improvement
- A high achiever, passionate about creating talent programs & organizational practices and designing for best employee experience
- A natural resourceful collaborator who has managed cross-functional projects
- 5+ years of in global companies with diverse working experience.
- Consulting firm and program management background, facilitation and coaching skills will be a plus
- Strong communication skills and articulation capability
- Full professional proficiency (both written and verbal) in English is required
- Education: Master’s degree or equivalent experience expertise
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.