As a member of our Global Team you will support the workplace transformation within a wide range of facilities that GM has around the world. You will work with an industry leading team that designs, builds/constructs, and maintains facilities and building assets for vast operating functions. Doing so in a safe, compliant, cost efficient manner that utilizes advanced technology to support social & ecological sustainability.
We create the future and not just plan for it!
Key activities you’ll be engaged in:
- Problem Solving - Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all sources for answers; considers hidden problems; is excellent at unbiased analysis; looks beyond the obvious.
- Strategic Planning - Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Customer Satisfaction - Meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships and communication with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Delivering High Quality Outcomes – Engineering high quality, sustainable systems and processes that sustain future business productivity in multiple types of business units. Ensures that the facility management team is positioned to succeed amid changing business trends.
- Innovation Management - Bringing the creative ideas of others to market; has good judgment about which creative ideas and suggestions will work; has a sense about managing the creative process of others; can facilitate effective brainstorming.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience in a manufacturing facilities environment
- 5+ year of experience in facilities within a manufacturing or industrial environment
- Previous supervisory experience in a union environment
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.