As a Member of the Team, You Will
- Collaborate globally and cross-functionally with various partners across different business functions to understand business processes
- Utilize your process improvement, system implementation, and project management skills to innovate, deliver solutions, and contribute to global transformation projects that impact the results of the company
- Develop a deep understanding of the business by facilitating workshops to capture business and IT partner objectives, pain-points, and opportunities, and translating them into world class processes and technology enablers
- Collaborate across workstreams to implement data standards and process improvements leveraging digital solutions
- Conduct iterative agile software configuration sessions to ensure that all key internal consumer organization business objectives are met
- Understand business requirements and acceptance criteria to perform a logical test to prove the functionality
- Create a comprehensive test plan to test all developed requirements in a sprint and to build on for an E2E test plan
- Design and maintain re-usable test cases and test strings to confirm new functionality for current and future testing
- Prepare and maintain validation evidence of test status through screen shots and test case progression
- Provide and maintain clear status in reporting during UAT for responsibility, escalation, and execution
- Develop user stories to document business requirements, prepare user acceptance test plans, and support technology deployments
Qualifications and Experience
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, IT or related field
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in business and process transformation, consulting, and project management
- Demonstrated experience leveraging Operational Excellence, Lean Management, Design Thinking, or other structured methodologies to implement process improvements
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally, in an internal or external consulting role, with proven ability to effectively execute projects and deliver results
- Detail oriented, with strong business acumen, and experience in evaluating financial measurements and project results
- Affinity with technology and/or familiarity with analytics tools and techniques
- Highly motivated and willing to learn and take on new challenges
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Important: Must be willing to work on NIGHT SHIFT.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.