As a Business Intelligence Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining BI solutions that enable data-driven decision-making within the Finance organization. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to gather and analyze business requirements, translate them into actionable insights, and deliver automated and user-friendly financial reports such as interactive monthly income statements, forecast vs. actuals comparisons, and free cash flow analysis. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in data analysis, data modeling, and BI tools, along with excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Design, develop, and implement end-to-end BI solutions, including data models, ETL processes, and data visualizations, using Power BI and other BI related technologies.
- Develop and maintain documentation on BI processes, data sources, and data dictionaries to ensure consistency and data integrity across the team.
- Create, customize, and deliver insightful and user-friendly dashboards, reports, and data visualizations to meet business needs.
- Monitor and troubleshoot BI solutions, ensuring optimal performance and data accuracy.
- Train and support end-users in utilizing BI tools and interpreting data insights.
- Continuously identify opportunities for BI improvements and enhancements, staying current with industry trends and best practices.
- Collaborate with the IT team to ensure the security, compliance, and scalability of BI solutions.
Qualiﬁcations, Skills & Knowledge:
- Strong experience with Power BI
- Proficiency in SQL, Power Query, KNIME, Python/Pandas, ETL processes, and data modeling techniques
- Experience with programming language Python is a plus.
- Superior Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to effectively present complex data insights to non-technical stakeholders.
- Detail-oriented and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Passion for leveraging data to drive informed business decisions.
Preferred Skills & Knowledge:
- Experience with key ﬁnancial systems preferred (Hyperion and SAP)
- Experience with Machine Learning concepts preferred (time-series forecasting, anomaly detection, etc.)
In this role, you will need to:
- Display the GM behaviors, commit to personal development, and help build a positive Workplace of Choice culture.
- Maintain outstanding relationships with GBS, Finance, Operation, and IT partners.
- Exhibit a creative mindset / “everything is possible” attitude.
- Ability to iterate quickly during development.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to details and conduct proper validation work before presenting solutions/results to direct leadership.
- Drive FTQ (First time quality) when releasing solutions to production.
Important Note: Candidates must be willing to work on night shift / flexible shift.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.