Industrial Engineer will work directly with production in implementing lean manufacturing systems. They will analyze throughput data to help departments improve performance. They will be responsible to handle standardized work for future products alongside the core team and help to launch extraordinary products. In steady state, they will drive continuous improvement projects.
The main purpose of the Industrial Engineer is to work to eliminate waste of time, money, materials, person-hours, machine time, energy and other resources that do not generate value.
The position will develop, recommend, and implement changes which will result in the improvement of manufacturing processes and or product quality. The ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced manufacturing environment is critical to your success General Motors. The ideal candidate for this position is a someone who has a Bachelor's Degree in engineering or related field, along with experience working in a manufacturing environment.
- Develop, status, and analyze Manufacturing Master Schedules in sufficient detail to monitor progress, assess program status, and identify performance issues in a timely manner.
- Use critical path methodology and application in network development, analysis, and problem resolution.
- Optimize sequence of operations and work flow.
- Create crew plans to ensure resources are properly allocated and utilized effectively.
- Create metrics to monitor schedule progress and help identify risk areas.
- Work to improve efficiencies through waste elimination and process improvements.
- Perform data analysis to establish shop metrics and tackle complex problems.
- Provide Technical support and assistance to manufacturing and maintenance team members, production supervisors and production associates
- College degree with major in industrial engineering or equivalent training or experience
- Manufacturing experience in machining and assembly preferred
- Demonstrates excellent level of analytical ability, communication, and interpersonal skills requires to build relationships with team members and customers to solve problems and resolve issues
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple and difficult projects and assignments with high level of autonomy and accountability for results
- Proven ability in project management skills
- Proven ability perform detailed data analysis using MS excel or equivalent
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.