GM is committed to Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions, and Zero Congestion. GM Energy is the new GM business unit accelerating GM into an all-electric future, and delivering innovative, integrated energy solutions to GM customers. We are growing fast and building a team that is customer-focused, creative, cross-functional, and ready to lead this dynamic and rapidly changing industry.
The GM Energy Solutions Manager will be responsible for the development and execution of V2X, VGI and related integrated asset projects that will allow GM to maximize the value and resilience benefits of its vehicles and associated technologies. The Solutions Manager will lead project execution teams to develop and deliver solutions including creative combinations of EVs, BESS, EVSE, PV and H2 deployed through innovative financing structures.
The Solutions Manager will:
• Originate, plan, and execute fleet electrification, EV microgrid, and other energy projects
• Work closely with others in GM Energy to ensure integration of these projects with broader energy efforts in GM Energy and across GM, including but not limited to bidirectional charging, V2H, V2L, V2G, microgrids and other advanced V2X functions
• Support the development of the associated business strategies and GTM channels, while also helping to build out the team and internal processes
- 3-7+ years experience in an electrification-based role, electric vehicle (EV) charging company, or utility
- Passion for energy and the decarbonization movement
- Ability to quickly understand and empathize with customer pain
- Enjoy pushing to practical solutions for intractable problems
- Leverages expertise and speaks up to implement effective solutions
- Prioritizes customers to ensure satisfaction with a product, service or solution
- Ensures a business process moves from design to inception, review and optimization
- Designs and executes simplified and unique ideas. Easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions
- Smooth with xls, ppt and other communications tools
Remote: This position does not require employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The employee’s role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basis.
- The expected base compensation for this role is $124,500 - $190,692 USD Annually.
- Actual base compensation within the identified range will vary based on factors relevant to the position
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.