Entry level engineer, working under the general mentorship of senior engineers, responsible for learning the GM quality development process, participating in design reviews, integration testing, and quality development on low complexity design requirements.
Quality Systems administrator for systems, including, but not limited to Flexnet, Sharepoint, ILM, and Fast Response. Schedule and review open Fast Response problem solving, track open items to closure, escalating when not completed. Responsible to maintain plant engineering test fleet, including weekly cycling and transmission swap coordination. Departmental representative on the Standardization team - ensure compliance and implementation of the standardization requirements. Responsible for adherence to the Global Quality requirements, including ensuring implementation of a new and changed requirements. Single point contact for all 3rd party sort activity, including invoices and maintain purchase orders and issuing new shopping carts. SME for IMDS status to attain PPAP status as required.
- Proficiency and knowledge of vehicle/propulsion Manufacturing and the elements of the GM Quality System / GMS BIQ
- Proficiency and knowledge of the Quality Launch Plan and of the requirements in the Global Quality Manual
- Ability to coach, teach and audit elements of GM Quality Manual and GMS BIQ Principle and Elements
- Managerial Courage to provide direct, honest, constructive feedback to Plant Staffs / Executive Leadership in a subtle and professional manner
- Ability to travel to the GMNA plants as required
- Present the Assembly Plant and Engineering Staff with clear problem definition, technical mentorship on complex problems, and regular updates on progress
- Support Launch of new products in the plant when applicable.
- Product Information Systems (including: GPDS, APM, E-squared, Team Centre, Vis Mockup, MPD, MGO)
- Global Standard Inspection Process:
- Central Administration Application Operation
- Data Content
- Database architecture.
- Microsoft Office Suite, including VBA/C# and SQL languages (Expert).
- GSIP plant admin or equivalent experience
- Quality and Product Information Systems as found in a manufacturing environment
Bachelor degree in Engineering/Computer Science or demonstrated experience in Manufacturing and Quality Systems
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.