About the position: Experience Center Journey Attendant
This position provides an exciting entry level customer facing opportunity to work in a exhilarating and engaging retail environment aimed to educate and support customers as they explore the sustainable mobility options available to them in a highly community focussed environment.
The Experience Center Journey Attendant is responsible for running the back of house operations such as hospitality, facility management, courtesy and exposure vehicle management to ensure the customer experience in the Experience Center is exceptional.
The Experience Center Journey Attendant will also work closely with the Experience Center Journey Guides as part of a larger team that is tasked with the various operational aspects of guiding customer and general public though the Experience Center as they explore GM’s products, services, brand and overall mobility offering.
The role provides an excellent starter opportunity for individuals that are looking to start their career in the quickly developing field of sustainable mobility. Allowing for a unique and highly dynamic local atmosphere at a community level while enjoying the full resources and backing of General Motors, including ongoing professional development support.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Experience Center Journey Attendant will be part of the team that applies a customer obsessed yet commercial mindset in ensuring that the facility and exposure vehicles are immaculate and guests are warmly welcomed and served their beverage and snack in the communal area of the experience center.
- Experience Center Journey Attendant will be responsible for ensuring demonstrator vehicles are clean, charged and readily available and will manage customers walk-ins for warranty/service request in direct contact with GM’s aftersales team.
- They will provide both behind the scenes and front of house support to the Experience Center Journey Guides to ensure the customer has an exquisite and seamless experience exploring GM’s sustainable mobility offering to convert them to leads and/or sales.
- Experience Center Journey Attendant will feedback to the Experience Center Journey Leader on observed operational improvement within the Brand and mobility environment on a local level to further enhance the experience center.
- As part of a customer focused and customer obsessed mindset Journey Attendants will foster and encourage member and community growth within the local community area of their store
- Journey attendants will assist in specialised community event operations, community engagement events and mobility focused networking events
- Previous experience working in luxury retail, hospitality, events operations or similar environment
- Strong passion for sustainable mobility
- A passion for, and proven track record in, consistently delivering exceptional customer experience
- Flexible to work as required to meet the business needs
- Results oriented - driving a high performing customer centric culture
- Multilingual – English + local language(s)
- Previous experience of working with audio visual equipment, or
- Previous experience of working with fleet management, or
- Previous experience of working with mobility providers
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming mobility opportunities and restrictions in country / area
- Basic understanding of Audio Visual systems
- Demonstrated desire for growth and development
- Previous experience in event catering
- Previous experience in fitness industry memberships
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.