About the position: Experience Center Journey Guide
This position provides an exciting customer facing opportunity to host potential mobility customers and the general public in assisting them as they embark or progress throughout their exploration journey in the new and fast moving mobility environment. Allowing for a unique and highly dynamic local atmosphere at a community level while enjoying the full resources and backing of General Motors including ongoing professional development support.
The Experience Center Journey Guide is part of a larger team that is tasked with the various operational aspects of guiding customer and general public though the Experience Center as they explore the full offering of mobility options GM has to offer. The Experience Center Journey Guide will be trained to provide a specialized journey focused on GM’s products, services, brand and overall mobility offering. In working with local artists, clubs, businesses etc. the Experience Center Journey guides will host events in the experience center to draw in and engage the public and local community.
The role is focused in a central location with the capacity and potential for domestic travel as the business may require. The role is multi-faceted with the majority of time focused on customer journey and experience with mobility products. Additionally, aspects of the role will require event catering, attending networking events and operating community engagement events.
Duties and responsibilities:
- The Experience Center Journey Guide will be responsible for maintaining a customer obsessed yet commercial mindset and in conjunction with the Experience Center Journey Leader actively develop opportunities to drive footfall and overall performance by identifying local collaboration opportunities with clubs / artist / businesses in the community and develop these leads into traffic driving events at the Experience Center
- They will guide and educate customers and the general public with an interest in sustainable mobility through the experience center to provide guidance on GM’s products, services, brand and overall mobility offering to make the customer comfortable with the products and convert them to leads and/or sales.
- Experience Center Journey Guides will feedback to the Experience Center Journey Leader on observed market trends within the Brand and mobility environment on a local level.
- The Journey Guides will foster community growth and GM brand awareness within their local area
- As GM’s eyes and ears on the ground they will be providing customer and market insights to the Experience Center Journey Leader to ensure the sales model continually evolves in line with customer expectations to deliver results year on year in line with strategic plans and KPI’s.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Previous experience working in luxury retail, hospitality, events or similar environment Strong passion for sustainable mobility
- A passion for, and proven track record in, consistently delivering exceptional customer experience
- Able to demonstrate sound commercial and brand awareness.
- A strong communicator with exceptional verbal and written skills
- Flexible to work as required to meet the business needs
- Results oriented - driving a high performing customer centric culture
- Multilingual – English + local language(s)
- Demonstrated desire for growth and development
- Previous experience of working with financial products, or
- Previous experience of working with warranty and aftersales, or
- Previous experience of working with mobility providers
- Strong integration with local community, artists and clubs
- Strong understanding of current and upcoming mobility opportunities and restrictions in country / area
- Previous experience working with and launching new brands
- Previous experience working rotating rosters
- Previous work within the events/catering industry
- Previous experience with customer resolution center
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.