This position is required to be onsite full time. This position is an on-call nursing role with opportunity for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd shifts. This position is meant to be ad hoc in nature and with irregularly scheduled shifts.
This position earns $37 an hour.
The Supplemental Health Center On-call Nurse provides services on an on-call basis to support the operations of the plant. The Health Center Nurse is responsible for providing emergency care, first aid and episodic treatment of occupational injuries and illnesses within standing orders. This position works toward the prevention of illness & injury, protection from work related and environmental hazards, and promotion and restoration of health. Individual will maintain accurate medical records related to legal, regulatory and reporting requirements. Motivated to work independently.
- Administers professional nursing care to sick and/or injured employees
- Performs and evaluates various clinical and diagnostic tests
- Assists plant physician in minor surgical procedures
- Interviews and documents medical history of employees
- Works effectively with the Health Services team and other departments
- Maintains appropriate medical records to ensure quality and accuracy
- Performs and documents physical exams
- Adheres to common practices and procedures throughout the department
- Maintains equipment and supplies
- Assists with the promotion of plant wellness programs
- Works with health services customers in a knowledgeable and professional manner
- High level of initiative and sound independent discernment
- Demonstrates analytical ability
- Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills
- Proficient with electronic medical records and basic computer programs/software
- RN Diploma/Associate degree required, BSN or BS preferred
- Valid state nursing license required
- Certification as Occupational Health Nursing (COHN)
- Occupational Health Nursing Specialist (COHN-S)
- Certified in Healthcare Provider CPR/AED
- Four or more years of ER or Occupational Health experience
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.