This is a Hybrid position. The role will allow employees to work offsite but will also require onsite work based on business needs. The selected candidate will be expected to commute to the innovation center to which they are assigned as their primary GM facility. This position requires an employee to be onsite 1-3 times per week.
About the role:
The Database Administrator is responsible for adhering to, leading, implementing & supporting Database Management concepts & practices, Logical Data Models, Database Standards, Tool Standards, Implementation of Database technologies, Support of Database Technologies, etc. A Database Administrator is responsible to have senior level, cross enterprise industry expertise and all of the capabilities required. Additionally, advanced working knowledge of industry standard database architectural patterns, technologies and processes.
As a GM Database Administrator, you will possess the capability of working with general direction from a manager or architect in identifying, selecting, implementing and supporting enterprise-wide database standards. A Database Administrator can often act in a leadership capacity or delegated leadership capacity and will mentor and/or peer review junior database administrators. In addition to this, you will also:
- Lead, enforce, educate peers and partners on Database Standards, Practices & Policies to effect successful implementation & expected behaviors from Database management systems
- Understand, Communicate, Develop, Validate & Implement requirements from IT Partners supporting either implementation or support of Database management systems
- Prepare & assist, or lead with analysis to support decision making processes of senior staff or IT partners
- Perform or develop assigned tasks using established procedures, policies and process
- Perform & maintain all documentation supporting effective change control, business continuity & sustainment of Database systems. Validating peer compliance and peer quality as well
- Develop, communicate and lead implementation of solutions to Database Management problems of substantial scope and high complexity
- Collaborate with peers & IT Partners in execution of assigned duties
- Mentor entry & intermediate level Database talent
- Lead Implementation and support of long term technology strategy
- Accountable for accuracy and validity of solution design and documentation
- Participation in On-Call rotations or Shift work as required by specific role or assignment
- Holds themselves and others accountable for demonstrating GMs values and cultural behaviors. Models GM behaviors and creates a winning culture
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- 7+ years of hands on Enterprise RDBMS and NoSQL Technologies, architecture, implementation & support
- Extensive knowledge of Azure CosmosDB, Cassandra, or Yugabyte NoSQL
- Advanced Operational capability of Enterprise RDBMS deployments
- Knowledge of at least two IT technology domains including infrastructure platforms, data management and database technologies, storage technologies, security frameworks and tools.
- Advanced Knowledge with data replication and/or disaster recovery capabilities preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Backup & Recovery techniques and technologies
- Experienced communications and leadership background
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.