Major duties and responsibilities:
- Support strategic business planning
- Support to develop operating plans of program timing
- Support studio reviews and special events
- Support development of budget forecasting, including operating and capital expenses
- Represent the voice of the leadership team throughout the organization
- Assist with the studio POPs (Program Operations) team and meetings for assigned programs
- Proactively communicate program start dates and deliverable requirements
- Anticipate and resolve program execution issues
- Schedule and conduct major program gate reviews
- Assess status, monitor, and report on all Design deliverables
- Timely issue escalation, actively manage change control in the studio
- Coordinate with other functions as needed
- Manage a high-level of ambiguity by creating deliverables/milestones for non-templated work
- Bring creative, digital, clay, immersive, SDE and suppliers together to drive outcomes and results
- Carry out the alignment and feasible measures in reaction to phased challenges & difficulties.
- Act as a translator when needed
- Ability to speak English fluently, good communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to speak Chinese or Korean preferred
- Ability to be predictive and pro-active in an ever evolving, non-templated, high-tempo work environment that is dependent on collaboration, teamwork, decisiveness, and a high degree of innovative thinking
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills
- Ability to develop creative and innovative solutions to complex problems where effects of decisions are critical
- Ability to self-learn and motivate people
- Ability to work on an ad hoc basis
- Knowledge in design specific applications (creative, digital, clay, immersive, SDE etc.)
Education & Training:
- Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent skill, experience, or training
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Engineering, Business, Finance, or related area
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
Total Rewards | Benefits Overview
From day one, we're looking out for your well-being–at work and at home–so you can focus on realizing your ambitions. Learn how GM supports a rewarding career that rewards you personally by visiting Total Rewards resources.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.